Twice per year delegates from our churches gather to discuss what God is doing among us, make decisions that affect the whole movement, celebrate and worship.
Our next Assembly will be
Assembly – Autumn 2021
What happened at the November Assembly 2020
Assembly gathered for its first face-to-face meeting in 2020 on Saturday 14th November – Praise God we just snuck it in before the COVID-19 restrictions of the following week! It was a tremendous morning with over 130 delegates and pastors gathering at Gateway Baptist Church.
Our full agenda was started by worship and singing led by a team from Gateway and a challenging message from Andrew Turner (Church Development Facilitator) about the role of gates in our lives, reminding us that heavens gates are always open, that everyone is always welcome, everyone is invited and everyone is loved and wanted.
During the business of the meeting the following exciting announcements were recognised:
- We celebrated with Nathan Randall, lead pastor at Enfield Baptist and Mang Hlei Cung, a pastor at Adelaide Chin Christian Community as they were both accepted as accredited pastors with BCSA
- We welcomed into membership the Adelaide Lai Church
- We overwhelmingly endorsed Rev Dr Melinda Cousins to be our Director of Ministries for the next 4 years, starting in Feb when Mike Mills ends his term as State Executive Minister (note the name change from SEM to DOM)
- We thanked and blessed Mike for his 12 years in the role of SEM, acknowledging his strong, open hearted leadership and faithful service to us all
- and we gave thanks to God for His provision during this difficult year when a budgeted deficit ended in surplus.
After a delicious morning tea supplied by the wonderful volunteers from Gateway, we regathered for the Baptist Care SA AGM and heard wonderful stories and updates from Joshua Koutsoukos (Youth Pastor at Gateway), David Turnbull (State Director of Global Interaction), Graham Brown (CEO of Baptist Care SA) and Steve Woods (Church Relationship Manager at Baptist World Aid) that encouraged and heartened us that God is a big God, blessing us in so many ways and always working in ways we cannot imagine. Delegates gathered in small groups to pray and thank God for these blessings.
But it was not done yet … there was one more exciting item on the agenda. Mike thanked and acknowledged Karen’s leadership and contribution as President before we celebrated the induction of, and welcomed our new President, Rev Daniel Gardiner.
What a morning … thanks to God for the amazing ways He provides for and blesses us and to Gateway Baptist and the team of volunteers who hosted us so well.