Our next Assembly will be
Assembly – Autumn 2020
What happened at the Spring Assembly (AGM)
On November 16 2019 at Springpark Baptist Church, about 70 delegates and pastors from across our movement gathered to worship, celebrate, discern and pray for the work that God is doing among and through us.
- Andrew Turner, Church Development Facilitator, challenged and reminded those present that to be a priesthood of God, we need to receive abundantly from God AND give abundantly – it is a two way privilege and responsibility.
- Delegates unanimously supported and celebrated the accreditation of Riley Smith, currently serving as Families Ministry Pastor at Victor Harbor Baptist.
- We celebrated with the Adelaide Matu Christian Church as they were welcomed into membership with BCSA and with the Adelaide Lai Church as we welcomed them into affiliate membership.
- Mike Mills announced that he would not be renominating for the role of State Executive Minister past his current term ending in Nov 2020. He reflected on a growing sense of ‘rightness’ that the time is right for change – BCSA is in a really good place and we can move forward with great confidence and do transition really well. Members viewed a video from Mike and Karen Walker (President) which is available below to share with the local church
- A delicious and abundant morning tea was supplied by wonderful volunteers from Springpark Baptist Church.
- We heard stories and updates from Dina Rillera (Springpark Baptist Church), David Turnbull (State Director of Global Interaction), Robin Carter (Hills Baptist Church), Graham Brown (CEO Baptist Care) and Flick and Glenn Pederick (Soul Food Café) that informed, inspired and blessed those gathered.
- The morning concluded with delegates spending time in small groups praying.
Thanks to God for the amazing way He blesses us and provides for us.
What a day!
Special thanks to Springpark Baptist Church for hosting us and for the delicious morning tea that was supplied. For those who missed this time there will be another opportunity – speak to your leaders about becoming a delegate for your church and put it in your diary to attend our Annual Assembly on Friday 15 May 2020. We would love to see you there!