A cultural transformation
South Australian census data reports that a quarter of us were born overseas. About 45 percent of us have at least one parent who was born overseas. There is a cultural transformation occurring, which is also being reflected within our Baptist churches and ministries.
Over ten percent of our churches and congregations worship in a language other than English. Our vision is that Baptist Churches SA would continue to grow as a healthy, culturally, and linguistically diverse (CALD) movement.
Darryl Bishop, our Intercultural Ministries Facilitator, can be contacted on (08) 8357 1755 or through our contact form.
Our team is available to assist in:
- Journeying with CALD groups who are exploring deeper connections with our Baptist movement.
- Growing partnerships between our Anglo churches and CALD churches, congregations and fellowships.
- Ongoing awareness and development of cultural competence amongst all our pastors and leaders.
- Formation, equipping, training, and empowerment of pastors and leaders within our CALD churches.
- Increased understanding of specialised missional and ministry opportunities with people from non-Anglo backgrounds and/or second-generation Australians.
- Equipping both CALD & Anglo Churches to develop creative models of multicultural ministry and interaction with first and second-generation Australians.
Resourcing CALD churches
- Accessing and implementing the resources and services of Baptist Churches SA’s Ministry and Operation teams including church development, healthy governance, child safe and professional standards, finance and administration.
- Introduction to services provided by our affiliate organisations including Baptist Financial Services, Baptist Insurances Services, BaptistCare SA, Baptist World Aid and Baptist Mission Australia