Child Protection and Professional Standards
Training, consultancy and offender profiling
BCSA COVID-19 INTERIM CHILD PROTECTION TRAINING STRATEGY
For information re the above interim strategy contact the Director of Professional Standards, or the CPCO (Child Protection Contact Officer) in
your church as they can advise of all relevant information and processes.
The Child Protection Solutions story
Whilst the protection of children is no doubt a community responsibility, anyone who works in any capacity with children/young people either as professionals or volunteers have not only a moral but in many cases a legal responsibility to ensure their safety.
It is imperative that these people undergo the highest quality level of training in order to first and foremost protect children, as well as themselves and the church/organisation.
Child Protection Solutions offer a range of specialised child protection and awareness seminars designed to equip people who work with children to manage and appropriately respond to suspicions of, or disclosures of all forms of child maltreatment, as well as seminars that focus on equipping people to keep young people, as well as the church/organisation safe from child sex offenders.
Learn more about Child Protection Seminars
- Child Protection Intensive Training Strategy
- Additional seminars and consultancy services
- Director of Professional Standards
- CPS/BCSA 6 Hour Customised Understanding and Responding to Child Abuse and Sexual Exploitation – “Making Young People and the church Safe”
- This training includes Child Sex Offender Awareness modules.
- Child Protection -3 Hour update/refresher training (for those who have completed level 1). Required every three years.
- LEVEL 2 also serves as a general information seminar to those who may not be required to undertake training, but are committed to the protection of children.
In order to view the full BCSA training strategy go to the next tab, Additional Seminars and Consultancy Services.
- Child Sex Offender Awareness seminars – Focusing in the different types of child sex offenders and how they think, operate, groom and infiltrate
- Person of Concern Policy training & consultancy
- Person of Concern – Offender Profiling
- Policy training and consultancy
- Child Protection church health audits
- Briefing and support sessions for all appointed church Child Protection Contact Officers
- On tap resource to Pastors, key leaders and Child Protection Contact Officers
- 24 hour – 7 day a week crisis response consultancy
- The independent investigation of alleged breaches of ethical/professional standards
- The ongoing review of Professional Standards policies and procedures.