Latest News Updates
COVID-19 UPDATE #38
At 12:01am Thursday 9 September 2021, the Emergency Management (Activities-Associated Direction No 13) (COVID-19) Direction 2021 came into effect.
After reviewing the new Directions we can confirm the following stays the same:
- Density requirements are at 3 people per 4 sq metres. Your latest COVID-Safe Plan will have the capacity numbers listed for your various rooms and the church as a whole.
- People employed or engaged to work, or undertaking official duties, for the purposes of the activity are not to be counted.
- Infants and children of any age are to be counted.
- It is mandatory to wear a mask for any activity taking place on the church property.
- Congregational singing is allowed with masks being worn.
- There should be no communal serving facilities.
- Consumption of food and beverages are to be done while seated (morning tea).
- The physical distancing principle of 1.5m is to be encouraged.
- COVID-Safe Plans, COVID Marshals and an appropriate Contact Tracing Systems all need to be in place.
- A cap of 20 people for Gathering at Home. The cap includes those living at the premises.
The following restrictions have been updated:
- A cap of 150 people for Private Activities (including Weddings, Funerals and Birthday Parties) at a non-residential premises. The cap includes those leading the activity.
More Information About Caps for Private Activities
For Private Activities at the church for up to 50 people:
- A COVID-Safe Plan is required (which includes the church’s QR code),
- Masks must be worn in shared indoor places,
- A person may sing indoors if a mask is worn,
- Dancing is permitted.
For Private Activities for 51-150 people, in addition to the above:
- A COVID Marshal is required,
- But dancing is not permitted.
Simply put, if the church is putting on an activity or event that is not the defined public activity as noted in their COVID-Safe Plan (i.e.: religious ceremonies) then it will be considered a Private Activity.
Groups like Playgroup, Mainly Music, craft groups, etc would be considered Private Activities under this definition.
We hope this helps to clarify the situation while this new Level 1 Plus Restriction is in place.
For the latest information about the requirements at your church, review your most recent COVID-Safe Plan, visit the COVID-Safe website, call the COVID-Safe Information Line (1800253787) or give us a call to chat.
Previous Updates Have Now Been Archived
Please note that all previous Updates have now been archived as Directions documents have been rewritten, and all previous guidance is no longer valid.
If you wish to see information from previous Updates, please contact the Baptist Office and we will provide you with the relevant information.